Sorry I’ve Been MIA Today

28 Jul

Sorry I haven’t been active today! I’ve just been cleaning up my house and organizing the kitchen, and then I spent some quality time with my Roommate and her daughter. So that was nice, but I haven’t sewn anything. Later tonight, in the wee hours of morning, I’m thinking about quilting this top tonight as a surprise for the roommate! I hope she’ll like it!

I’m using burgundy thread and I’m not sure the quilting method I’ll use, but I’ll figure something out!

Lakeville-20130702-00360

8 Responses to “Sorry I’ve Been MIA Today”

1. Ray's Sew Crafty July 29, 2013 at 12:49 am #

Can’t wait to see it completed! 🙂
    Post pictures soon!

• Eric The Quilter July 29, 2013 at 1:10 am #

Taking a break from pinning it to reply. lol

• Ray's Sew Crafty July 29, 2013 at 3:26 am #

I’m sure your fingers are happy about this break!! I pinned my first lap quilt using over 200 pins and my fingers hurt for days! Lol I have yet to determine wether that pinning assistance stick with a handle is worth it. Do you pin by hand?

• Eric The Quilter July 29, 2013 at 3:39 am #

I do pin by hand. A trick is to keep them in a container that is glass or metal so you never have to close them. They will be ready to use and they are much easier to put away. Lot less stress on your hands!

• Ray's Sew Crafty July 29, 2013 at 3:49 am #

Oh that’s and interesting concept 🙂 I may try that when I quit being so clumsy ! Lol I’m a bull in a china shop, tripping on the smallest stone and pricking myself with the dullest needle! Lol thanks for that thought!
        You’re pinning a twin sized quilt? It looks big 😛 I would love to someday make a quilt for my bed, but it’s a California king.. And that’s intimidating! Lol but I hope to tackle it soon!!
        🙂 thanks for replying<3

• Eric The Quilter July 29, 2013 at 4:28 am #

You are probably one of my favorite commentators. It is a lap quilt, 63 by 63. It’s quite a beast because of the piecing of the border that flow into the quilt, I think one of the main ones is off by a quarter inch, and it sucks!

And this person I am seeing works nights, so we also chat on facebook all night, so I’m not doing anything better. lol

• Ray's Sew Crafty July 29, 2013 at 9:11 pm #

Awe thank you! 🙂
        I enjoy chatting with friendly people 🙂

And my goodness, 63″… I’m currently procrastinating on pinning a 60″ squared baby quilt for a baby shower… My fingers twitch a bit when I even think of pinning it all.. Lol
        But I will tackle it soon!

It’s so hard focusing when your hooked on your devices isn’t it? 🙂
        But you accomplish two things, know that it’s a break from your projects, and you’re also working on your relationships 🙂
        So it works out ok!