My Zelda Quilt: I Finished Quilting The Background

2 Jan

After a few setbacks from being sick, I have managed to finish the background quilting. I decided to go with purple thread, and to do a medium stipple. I’m still thinking about adding some brown stippling on top of it, just to add some texture and dimension, but I might just call it a day at purple! I’ve still got to do the stitching for the bird and I’m going to use a turquoise thread for that! Hopefully I’ll finish that tonight, but for now I’m off to go and shovel some snow! Wish me luck!

Follow the jump for more!


One Response to “My Zelda Quilt: I Finished Quilting The Background”

  1. Ronson Dalby January 2, 2014 at 11:24 pm #

    Have you tried basting with spray? I’ve been quilting since July this year and have always used pins however a few people are encouraging me to try basting spray even on the queen I’m doing. I can’t see how it would stay together considering all the the rolling and maneuvering I have to do to get a queen in my standard size throat domestic Singer.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: