Advertisements
Tag Archives: Scraps

One Layer Down – Reclaimed Yarn Baby Blanket

16 Jul

img_20180715_214258965_ll.jpg

It took quite a bit of stitching, and quite a bit of yarn scraps, but the first layer is done!!! When I started, I took two pieces of water soluble stabilizer, and put yarn scraps from the factory between them. Then I stitches them down a bit, and then just threw it in my embroidery machine and let it go! After about 4 hours of embroidery time, I simply washed out the stabilizer. I have one more layer for the back, which is going to be gorgeous, and then that will also form the binding.

Next time, I have a few different ideas on how to do it, but we’ll see how this turns out!

Wish me luck!

Follow the jump for more photos.  Continue reading

Advertisements

“A Prayer For Zachary” Blocks Are Almost Done

1 Feb

img_20180129_1608160361.jpg

This was no easy task, but it is almost done. A couple pieces still need to be added here and there, but for the most part, the base of the blocks are done. Now to start adding texture with the tulle, netting, ribbon, and lace. I’m going through a lot of water soluble stabilizer, but I think the results will be ridiculously awesome! You can see some of the white circles are already starting to show up on the quilt blocks. In those spots I took the tulle, ribbon, scraps, netting, and what not, and stitched it down to the blocks.

My sashing comes in tomorrow, and you bet I’ll start adding it on my day off! I’m very excited! Wish me luck!

Follow the jump for more pictures! Continue reading

My Latest Project: “A Prayer For Zachary”

27 Jan

img_20180121_195707805.jpg

You all remember the scarves I made from scraps I’ve been posting about, well here is a quilt in the same vein. I sewed some squares I had from previous projects together into 25″ squares, then took a bunch of scraps I had and started sewing them down onto the panels. It was not easy to make this happen without stiffening the hell out of my fabric. I didn’t want to use and kind of permanent stabilizer because I do want this as a bed quilt, so instead, I got creative… Continue reading

More Scarves From More Scraps

16 Jan

img_20180111_150622521.jpg

I’ve been a busy little sewer! Well, at least I’m trying to be. When I started making these scarves out of my scraps I had no idea how much fun they would be! I have a green one currently in the works, as well as a pink one, but they still need to have the topper put on, and sewn more. The only trick is, you have to stitch enough to secure everything in place, but not too much to make it too stiff. It’s a little tricky finding the right amount, but once you get the hang of it, it’s so much fun.

Follow the jump for more! Continue reading

Working On A Scarf Made OF Ribbon!!!!

26 Apr

So, I saw this tutorial on a website the other day, and I decided to change it up a bit and make a scarf made out of ribbon and fabric scraps! I just rinsed all the water soluble stabilizer off of them, and they are drying right now. I’ll post more pictures later today! Wish me luck!