Advertisements
Tag Archives: A Prayer For Zachary

Making The Mesh For Distortion – A Prayer For Zachary

16 Feb

img_20180209_211303909.jpg

I’m totally cheating with my embroidery machine! It does the best applique! And for this project, it’s perfect. It’s almost comedic to look in my sewing room right now. It’s covered in ribbon, fabric scraps, thread, and starch based glue. I just buy Elmer’s by the gallon. They sell it at Walmart for like 10 dollars, and goodness knows I’m using it by the gallon. ‘A Prayer For Zachary’ did have to take a back seat this week with the blizzard we had, and I got a throat infection. It’s like this avian flu just won’t leave me alone. Don’t get sick, it’s for the birds… Literally! (More Pictures after the jump.)

Back to making this netting and tulle to distort the view of this quilt… Continue reading

Advertisements

“A Prayer For Zachary” Blocks Are Almost Done

1 Feb

img_20180129_1608160361.jpg

This was no easy task, but it is almost done. A couple pieces still need to be added here and there, but for the most part, the base of the blocks are done. Now to start adding texture with the tulle, netting, ribbon, and lace. I’m going through a lot of water soluble stabilizer, but I think the results will be ridiculously awesome! You can see some of the white circles are already starting to show up on the quilt blocks. In those spots I took the tulle, ribbon, scraps, netting, and what not, and stitched it down to the blocks.

My sashing comes in tomorrow, and you bet I’ll start adding it on my day off! I’m very excited! Wish me luck!

Follow the jump for more pictures! Continue reading

My Latest Project: “A Prayer For Zachary”

27 Jan

img_20180121_195707805.jpg

You all remember the scarves I made from scraps I’ve been posting about, well here is a quilt in the same vein. I sewed some squares I had from previous projects together into 25″ squares, then took a bunch of scraps I had and started sewing them down onto the panels. It was not easy to make this happen without stiffening the hell out of my fabric. I didn’t want to use and kind of permanent stabilizer because I do want this as a bed quilt, so instead, I got creative… Continue reading